Monday, May 25, 2009

A Good Weekend

Joe's Wedding

The first event of the weekend was my friend Joe's wedding. Geana and I headed up to Short Hills, NJ on Frid
ay afternoon and made it in time for the 6pm wedding - having to stop on the way for shoes, socks, and jewelry - then check into the hotel, shower, and get ready to go. It was close but we made it - and we had a drink at the bar before the wedding. Perhaps the most beautiful part of the wedding were the miniature hamburger appetizers. Mmmmm.... they were gooood! I wish Joe and Clare nothing but the best... despite the fact that BOTH refuse to sign up for facebook. They are going to Italy for their honeymoon - I suggested that they check out this bar.


Melissa Arrives

Melissa and Justin, my sister and brother in law, headed in from da 'burgh for the weekend (and Abby - their dog). Among the highlights of their trip were celebrating my birthday and Melissa getting pooped on by a bird - TWICE! Two memorable events that will live forever in family lure. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the bird poop. I was slow on the draw and couldn't find my camera. I apologize to all of you that I missed this precious moment. A fun time was had by all. We grilled, we played, and we listened to baseball on the deck. The kids especially enjoyed having the three of them in our house for 2 whole days. I can't wait until we do it again!

Preventing Poop and Playing in the Yard

We did several things today. First - we went to Home Depot and got some of those fake owls to prevent ME from getting pooped on in the future. Second - we picked up Sammy's friend Kelly and came back to the house and continued to play in the kiddie pools and on the water slide that are still out from yesterday.

The kids can't get enough of the water
slide these days. They are actually getting a little adventurous and are starting to jump off of the top. Robby started this phenomenon. Now - I'm off to keep listening to Chris Carpenter attempt a perfect game. He's through 6 in Milwaukee... I hope he gets it.

0 comments: