Saturday, May 31, 2008

Go Away already!

I'm watching the Stanley Cup finals and the Flyers are continuing to irritate me.

At the beginning of each period there is a banner that comes across the bottom of the screen, urging me to purchase Flyers season tickets for the '08-'09 season. What irritates me the most is that the game is taken out of HD in order to put up these adds. AND - the banner takes up a good portion of the screen so you miss some action. Answer me this - are Flyers fans even watching these games? I don't think so. The several that I socialize with are not watching because they are constantly reminded that they are losers when they turn on the game. The only reason they watched games 2 and 3 was to see if the Pens would actually score a goal this series. Which gives me this thought - could you imagine the Flyers playing against this Detroit team? That's kind of like me playing "king of the hill" with the quads today. Sure they tried to get up onto the couch - but my immense strength and sharp intellect denied any strategies they might have employed.

Anyway - the Pens are down 2-1 and they have to score 2 goals to win this game... it's gonna be tough...

0 comments: