Saturday, May 02, 2009

Mmmm... Hummus

I've often thought about writing a book geared toward kid friendly, affordable things for families to do with their kids. That's a shitty title. Hence the lack of a book.

Anyway - Perkins does not make the cut at all. While the food is adequate (not as good as the pictures suggest) the price is ridiculous. I know we're talking about... Perkin's... but hear me out. Geana had the van tonight when I got home from work. Because I didn't want to feed my kids limes or Corona (the two existing perishable items in my refrigerator right now), I decided to walk, yes walk, all five kids to the local eatery... (To the woman who felt it necessary to interrupt our calculated march from the hostess stand to our table in order to hand me her Girl Scout's of America business card - F.U.)

Let me take a minute here to post the Girl Scout Law. Let's see how she stacks up:
I will do my best to be
Honest and fair,
Friendly and helpful (NOPE),
Considerate and caring (NOPE),
Courageous and strong, and
Responsible for what I say and do (NOPE),
And to
respect myself and others (NOPE),
respect authority (NOPE),
use resources wisely (NOPE),
make the world a better place (NOPE), and
be a sister to every Girl Scout.
Clearly this woman failed in almost every aspect of being a Girl Scout. We won't be calling her.

I digress... Perkins sucks. Our meal consisted of 5 children's meals, an adult serving of eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and toast, one adult diet coke, and 5 kids waters. (I'm not cheap - they wanted water - leave me alone.) Total bill = $50. Ridiculous.

If I sound perterbed it's because it's almost 1am and I'm eating hummus and toast (with lime) because the eggs and bacon didn't do it for me.

More tomorrow when I attempt to take the kids to their respective softball and tball games, then head to Camden, NJ for a Riversharks game.... alone. Geana is in Ocean City, NJ.

G'Night all!




0 comments: